NIST announces the release of two publications: Special Publication (SP) 800-113, Guide to SSL VPNs, and draft SP 800-124, Guidelines on Cell Phone and PDA Security.
1. SP 800-113, Guide to SSL VPNs, seeks to assist organizations in understanding Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private network (VPN) technologies. The publication also makes recommendations for designing, implementing, configuring, securing, monitoring, and maintaining SSL VPN solutions. SP 800-113 provides a phased approach to SSL VPN planning and implementation that can help in achieving successful SSL VPN deployments. It also includes a comparison with other similar technologies such as IPsec VPNs and other VPN solutions.
URL to SP 800-113:
2. Draft SP 800-124, Guidelines on Cell Phone and PDA Security, is available for public comment. It provides an overview of cell phone and personal digital assistant (PDA) devices in use today and offers insights for making informed information technology security decisions regarding their treatment. SP 800-124 gives details about the threats, technology risks, and safeguards for these devices. NIST requests comments on draft SP 800-124 by August 8, 2008. Please submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Comments SP 800-124" in the subject line. URL to Draft SP 800-124:
- NIST 800-39 Managing Risk from Information Systems: An Organizational Perspective
- Performance Measurement for Information Security
- NSA Security Configuration Guides
- New release: Guide to Secure Web Services (NIST 800-95)
- NIST Drafts: Storage Encryption for End User Devices & Guide to SSL VPNs
- NIST Draft for Wireless Network Security for IEEE 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth
- NIST Drafts: Webservers and Teleworking
- New NIST documents: Phone forensics and others
- Guide to NIST information security documents
- Guidelines on RFID security