Draft SP 800-121, Guide to Bluetooth Security, describes the security capabilities of Bluetooth technologies and gives recommendations to organizations employing Bluetooth technologies on securing them effectively. Much of SP 800-121 was originally included in draft NIST SP 800-48 Revision 1, Wireless Network Security for IEEE 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth, but based on public comments, the Bluetooth material has been removed from SP 800-48 and placed in its own publication. NIST requests comments on draft SP 800-121 by August 22, 2008. Please submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Comments SP 800-121" in the subject line.Previous articles:
The release of the 2nd draft Special Publication 800-107, Recommendation for Applications Using Approved Hash Algorithms. This document provides security guidelines for achieving the required or desired security strengths when using cryptographic applications that employ the approved cryptographic hash functions specified in Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 180-3, such as digital signature applications, Keyed-hash Message Authentication Codes (HMACs) and Hash-based Key Derivation Functions (HKDFs). Please submit comments to email@example.com with "Comments on Draft 800-107" in the subject line. The comment period closes on October 9, 2008.
Draft SP 800-41 Revision 1, Guidelines on Firewalls and Firewall Policy, provides recommendations on developing firewall policies and on selecting, configuring, testing, deploying, and managing firewalls. The publication covers a number of firewall technologies, including packet filtering, stateful inspection, application-proxy gateways, host-based, and personal firewalls. SP 800-41 Revision 1 updates the original publication, which was released in 2002. NIST requests comments on draft SP 800-41 Revision 1 by August 15, 2008. Please submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Comments SP 800-41" in the subject line.
- New NIST publications: SSL VPNs and Cell Phone & PDA Security
- NIST 800-39 Managing Risk from Information Systems: An Organizational Perspective
- Performance Measurement for Information Security
- NSA Security Configuration Guides
- New release: Guide to Secure Web Services (NIST 800-95)
- NIST Drafts: Storage Encryption for End User Devices & Guide to SSL VPNs
- NIST Draft for Wireless Network Security for IEEE 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth
- NIST Drafts: Webservers and Teleworking
- New NIST documents: Phone forensics and others
- Guide to NIST information security documents
- Guidelines on RFID security