The goal of the IMMI proposal is to task the government with finding ways to strengthen freedom of expression around world and in Iceland, as well as providing strong protections for sources and whistleblowers. To this end the legal environment should be explored in such a way that the goals can be defined, and changes to law or new law proposals can be prepared. The legal environments of other countries should be considered, with the purpose of assembling the best laws to make Iceland a leader of freedoms of expression and information. We also feel it is high time to establish the first Icelandic international prize: The Icelandic Freedom of Expression Award.More info can be found on http://immi.is/
Have a look at this video. It's interesting to see what Wikileaks has inspired and this could mean a lot to free expression in the digital age and a good step towards fighting censorship.
- Ways to bypass the Big Belgian firewall
- Automated Social Networking Surveillance Systems
- According to Child Support groups, Net filtering is a waste of money
- Big Brother 2009: Has the rebellion started?
- Police hacking laws moving from Germany to the rest of Europe. Do as I say, not as I do.
- Privacy matters: A movie by XS4ALL to raise user awareness to data surveillance