I saw some messages floating around on twitter that today was The Internation Day against Censorship. It's the first time I heard about this. So I'm helping a bit by mentioning Wikileaks again. Don't know what it is? Look at this short video from the BBC:
The Sunshine Press (WikiLeaks) is an non-profit organization funded by human rights campaigners, investigative journalists, technologists and the general public. Through your support we have exposed significant injustice around the world— successfully fighting off over 100 legal attacks in the process. Although our work produces reforms daily and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the 2008 Index on Censorship-Economist Freedom of Expression Award as well as the 2009 Amnesty International New Media Award, these accolades do not pay the bills. Nor can we accept government or corporate funding and maintain our absolute integrity. It is your strong support alone that preserves our continued independence and strength. (source: wikileaks)They still need donations to keep running! Help them. Happy anti-censorshipday!
- Ways to bypass the Big Belgian firewall
- Automated Social Networking Surveillance Systems
- According to Child Support groups, Net filtering is a waste of money
- Big Brother 2009: Has the rebellion started?
- Police hacking laws moving from Germany to the rest of Europe. Do as I say, not as I do.